She developed a passion in epilepsy after seeing the positive impact specialized epilepsy care has on people affected by seizure disorder. She finds it very rewarding to work with individuals with epilepsy, aiming to improve their quality of life through compassionate and effective medical care. After her neurology residency, she dedicated two additional years in epilepsy and neurophysiology fellowship programs, where she became an expert in EEG interpretation and the treatment of seizure disorder.
Dr. Chan provides care to individuals with:
- First time seizure or seizure-like activity
- Established epilepsy or seizure disorder in need of routine care
- An interest in obtaining a second opinion
- A need to transition from a pediatric to an adult epileptologist
- Catamenial epilepsy or pregnancy-related concerns
- Intolerable side effects from seizure medications
- Uncontrolled seizures despite being on seizure medications
- An interest in learning more about treatment options outside of medications
Dr. Chan is also affliated with a Level 4 Epilepsy Center. When appropriate, she can offer elective admissions to the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) where intensive neurodiagnostic monitoring can be performed. She is skilled in the evaluation of patients interested in epilepsy device options, such as RNS (Responsive Neuro Stimulation) and VNS (Vagal Nerve Stimulation) and epilepsy surgery.
In her spare time, Dr. Chan enjoys traveling, weight-lifting, cooking, gardening and spending time with her dog.